Wednesday 2 November 2011

Anthropologie Edinburgh - Store Tour...

While in Edinburgh last week, we just HAD to pay a visit to the recently opened Anthropologie store on George Street... when the news broke last year that Anthro was branching in to Scotland, I did kick myself every so slightly that we had moved away to Belfast and I was adding many extra hours travel to my journey before I could be in heaven ;) Still, I finally made it.

The lovely staff in the store very kindly let me photograph the beautiful merchandising and stock for the blog, so I hope you will enjoy browsing around via my lens!

I fell in love especially with a beautiful embroidered Day Birger et Mikkelsen coat, above, (their clothes always slay me!) and, as usual, the homeware proved a serious temptation to a complete addict like me. There are also some lovely little nooks, complete with beautiful sofa's for weary chaps to rest on - as there is only so much shopping a man can do, even in a store such as this, EVEN when they're a homeware designer! Ryan held up pretty well (so did Angus!)... but they did enjoy that yellow couch ;)

Congratulations to the Anthropologie team on another beautiful space and stunning displays. There is *always* something special and unique to look at in each Anthropologie shop you go in to. My favourite displays and textures in the store included the cast concrete wall with botanical impressions, the stunning tiled floor in the back of the shop and the fantastic central sculptural focal point with ladders and ropes galore! So chic! The bed-sets always look incredibly luscious as well... I was tempted to jump in, or take the whole thing home...

Another highlight was getting to see the beautiful Ceramics by Adam Harvey, which are completely stunning in person. I had a pinning frenzy with those new pieces a few weeks ago, so getting to see them in real life was a thrill... I am so glad we got to spend some time in this beautiful shop!

Thank you again to the staff for allowing me permission to shoot the store.
x
Abigail @abigail*ryan

4 comments:

Nenaghgal said...

Such a HUGE fan of Anthropologie- thanks for sharing. Love their styling, their products - did I spy Ikat bowls in first image? to die for!!
Fantastic photos- now I MuST go to Edinburgh!!

Deirdre said...

What lovely photographs of such a wonderful shop. Goodness, I could spend hours in that place! Thanks so much for sharing! I have just come across your blog via Twitter, and I'm so glad that I did...it's just wonderful!
xo Deirdre

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Anthropologie isn't a shop it's an experience. :) Another reason for a wee trip to Edinburgh!!
Vivienne x

Sarah, Poppy in Pearls said...

beautiful shop, great images! I would like to 'house sit' an Anthropologie, wish we had one in Bath. Thanks for sharing!